Monday 16 February 2015
There will be another opportunity to pose questions to members of Sheffield City Council’s Cabinet when they visit the south west of the city next week.
Residents are being involved in this series of ‘Question Time’ style sessions across the city to discuss issues that really matter to their local area.
This fifth meeting will be held at the Abbeydale Sports Centre on Abbeydale Road South on Wednesday (25 February) at 6pm and is expected to last about an hour and a half.
Members of the public are asked to send in their questions in advance by e-mailing CabinetintheCommunity@sheffield.gov.uk by Thursday 19 February.
Cabinet in the Community sessions will focus on a specific local topic or priority that will be discussed and then followed by a general questions and answers session.
The items for discussion will be drawn up by local people and put to the Cabinet in the hour and a half session. The meetings will be chaired by local councillors who have recently become the Chairs of the new Local Area Partnerships.
For more information about Local Area Partnerships and issues affecting your area go to www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/your-local-area/about
Notes for editors:
The full list of meetings are:
• 22 January at 6.30pm – East – Arbourthorne Centre, Edenhall Road, Arbourthorne.
• 28 January at 6.30pm – Central – St Bart’s Church, Primrose Hill, Walkley.
• 5 February at 6pm – South East – Woodhouse Library, Tannery Street.
• 11 February at 6pm – South – Terry Wright Community Hall, Newfield Green, Gleadless Road.
• 25 February at 6pm – South West – Abbeydale Sports Centre, Abbeydale Road South.
• 4 March at 6pm – North – The Lady Mabel Hall, Ecclesfield Secondary School.
• 11 March at 6pm – North East – Shirecliffe Community Centre.