Sheffield Community Support Services
The Community Support Services for Sheffield has been live since 27th March. The direct number to call if you are worried about a neighbour, relative or friend who is vulnerable, self-isolating or shielding is 0114 273 4567. The helpline will be open on the bank holiday weekend from 8.45am to 4.45pm to help with any COVID-19 questions.
To date we have 1,000 volunteers in place. There are 150 from redeployed staff who are supporting the helpline and those supporting the Locality Community Response Teams. 850 are volunteers supported by Voluntary Action Sheffield.
All have been working hard to support vulnerable people across our city at this time.
On the helpline, we have received 3,429 calls from the general public.
The types of service support we are dealing with are as follows:
- Emergency food parcels
- Food and general shopping deliveries
- Medicine pick ups and deliveries
- Financial advice and guidance
- Befriending – when a person is feeling lonely, we make sure a dedicated volunteer returns a call so a person has someone to talk to.
- Help with purchasing and delivering utilities top ups
Please continue to use this number for support at this time. Sheffield City Council along with the hard work of all our volunteers, is dedicated to helping the most in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.