Everything you need to know if you’re planning to come to Sheffield United’s celebration event on Tuesday 7 May.
People who are not attending but will be in the city centre should also be prepared for travel disruption and extremely busy streets.
- 5.30pm: Open top bus leaves Bramall Lane
- 6.30pm: Bus arrives at Sheffield Town Hall
- 7.00pm: SUFC Players presented to crowd at front of Town Hall
2.00 – 9.30pm: Fargate, Surrey Street, Leopold Street, Pinstone Street, Burgess Street and Holly Street/Balm Green
5pm – 6.30pm: Rolling road closures from Cherry Street, onto Bramall Lane, across St Mary’s Gate roundabout, along Eyre Street, across Furnival Gate Roundabout, along Arundel Gate, onto Norfolk Street and into Surrey Street
Due to road closures some bus services will be disrupted.
Lines that usually stop on Leopold Street, Pinstone Street and Arundel Gate will be affected.
Visit Travel South Yorkshire for bus diversion information.
Trams will not be affected.
For everyone’s safety and enjoyment those attending the fanzone are asked to adhere to the following:
- Travel by public transport where possible
- Do not bring glass bottles into the fanzone
- Do not throw cans, cups or other solid objects into the air, across crowds or over barriers
- Do not set off smoke bombs
- Do not attempt to enter the barrier areas
- Are respectful and do not swear
- Are aware of others around them during celebrations
- Listen to instructions from stewards assisting the event
- Children should be accompanied at all times
A lost children and welfare area will be situated in the Winter Gardens.
An accessible fanzone is available at the front of the Town Hall. People who need to use this area should make themselves known to stewards and may be permitted accompanied by one guest or carer.
Sheffield United are planning to live stream as much of the event as possible, follow the action at: