3 April 2017
Looking forward to the Tour de Yorkshire coming to Sheffield on Sunday 30 April?
Here’s a sneaky peek at the route that the peloton will take before crossing the finish line at Fox Valley in Stocksbridge at around 5.30pm.
Cyclists will make their way from Bradford into Sheffield, and around Bolsterstone and Midhopestones, before arriving in Stocksbridge between 4pm and 4.30pm.
To ensure the safety of cyclists and spectators alike, there will be some traffic controls that Sheffield City Council needs to implement. These are:
• If you live in a house on the race route and you park on-street, please make alternative parking arrangements on race day. We would ask that all cars are removed for 2pm.
• A “soft” road closure (which will allow access for residents and businesses, under steward control) will be in place on Manchester Road, between the junctions of Unsliven Road and Carr Road, from 5am on Sunday 30 April.
• A “hard” road closure will then be in place along Manchester Road (between the above same junctions) from 3pm until 8pm.
• Further “hard” closures will be along the race route (nicknamed the Stocksbridge Loop) from 4.30pm to 5.30pm, meaning no access at all will be possible. This will affect Carr Road, Cockshot Lane, Folderings Lane, Heads Lane, Yewtrees Lane, Allas Lane, Moor Lane, Mortimer Road, Cranberry Road, Salter Hill Lane and Underbank Lane. People living within the area bounded by these roads will not be able to cross over the race route during this time.
• Should there be a need for emergency services vehicles to get anywhere, they will be given priority via race control.
Public transport services will be kept running for as long as possible, but with some changes. These are:
Stagecoach 57 and SL1/SL1a
• From the start of service until 3.05pm all buses will operate via Manchester Road only to Unsliven Bridge, serving all stops through Stocksbridge and Deepcar on the main road, but not going into the estate.
• The SL1/SL1a from 3.25pm, departing from Middlewood, will run to Oughtibridge only.
• The SL1/SL1a from 5.45pm, departing from Middlewood, will run to Lee Avenue/Knowles Avenue in Deepcar only, and turn at the roundabout before going back to Middlewood.
• The SL1/SL1a from 8.05pm, departing from Middlewood, will resume the normal route.
For further details go to www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/Tour-de-Yorkshire or call the Traveline on 01709 515151.
We really hope Sheffielders come out and enjoy what will be a fantastic occasion for the Stocksbridge area, as the city are beamed across the world on live TV.
For further information, or if you have any questions, please call the city council on 0114 2734567 and choose option two.